- Project (“small EIA”) and below-the-limit project notification
- EIA (“big EIA”) and SEA documentation preparation
- Preparation of expert opinions and additional studies
- Visualization and presentation of obtained data and information
- Processing of applications for issuing an integrated permit
- Discussion of prepared documents with relevant authorities
EIA - Environmental Impact Assessment
EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) – environmental impact assessment is one of effective preventive tools of environmental protection. It is governed by Act No. 100/2001 Coll. The process of reviewing land-use plans and concepts includes SEA (Strategic Environmental Assessment).
IPPC - Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control
Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control, regulated by Act No. 76/2002 Coll., is another preventive tool in the field of environmental protection. A fundamental tool of IPPC is a so-called integrated permit and permitting procedure aiming at its issuance and periodic renewal. The integrated permit replaces several resolutions, statements and approvals of competent administrative authorities.
For Whom are the Environmental Impact Assessment Services Intended
The range of investment projects that are subject to EIA is given by Annex to Act No. 100/2001 Coll. and includes especially large construction projects such as power plants, cement plants, chemical operations, line constructions, etc. In addition to the construction of new manufacturing as well as non-manufacturing premises it also includes the expansion of existing operations or the introduction of new technology. EIA can also be prepared for smaller construction projects where a significant environmental impact can be expected.
The integrated permit applies to large power-generation, chemical, metallurgical, food and agricultural businesses and enterprises engaged in waste processing and deposition.
A Comprehensive and Individualized Approach
Principles applied (not only) in the preparation of EIA and SEA:
- clarity and verifiability
- political impartiality
When assessing the environmental impact, we draw from the environmental situation in the concerned area at the time the project notification. We comprehensively evaluate the effects of the preparation, implementation, operation and termination of the assessed project. We also assess proposed measures to prevent environmental impacts.
Offer clients are offered an impartial, comprehensive and objective approach to the issue consisting in the coverage of all sub-components of the environment.
The Range of Activities in Environmental Impact Assessment
In the EIA, SEA and IPPC process we can offer:
- preparation of project (“small EIA”) and below-the-limit project notification
- preparation of EIA (“big EIA”) and SEA documentation
- preparation of expert opinions and additional studies
- visualization and presentation of data and information obtained in the form of thematic map output using the GIS technology
- representation in negotiations with state administration bodies and public hearings on the project
- preparation or assistance in the preparation of the application for integrated permit issuance
- support in change proceedings for the issuance of the integrated permit
Our offer also includes the arrangement of:
- model calculations - noise and scattering studies
- authorized measurement of emissions and air pollution (including the measurement of odorous substances)
- expert opinions and operating rules for air pollution sources
- surveys and biological assessment of the sites of interest
- the assessment of the impact on the site and types of habitats of European importance and bird areas
- the assessment of the impact on landscape character
- hydro-geological assessment and the assessment of old burdens
- the preparation of a plan of emergency measures in case of substance leaks
- health risk assessment
- energy audit
- and other expert studies